Our volunteer events and training calendar is free and open to anyone to post a stewardship or citizen science event.
What You'll Get When You Post to our Calendar:
- Access to mobile-friendly, online volunteer registration. The contact person will receive an email with contact information for each registrant.
- Event promotion in our weekly e-bulletin that reaches thousands of potential volunteers.
- We will create social media posts about New Hampshire-based events (see example).
- Assistance with best practices for volunteer recruitment. We review each submission and may suggest improvements to recruit more volunteers.
Best Practices for Volunteer Events:
- Post as far ahead of time as possible - 2 weeks at a minimum.
- New submissions must be made by noon on Monday to be included in our weekly volunteer e-bulletin.
- Appropriate topics include volunteer workdays related to caring for land and water, projects on conserved or public lands, citizen science projects, and workshops which teach a stewardship- or science-related skill.
- Planning a workday? Check out our new Workday 101 guide for helpful tips and tricks.
- Need to change or update your organization's post? Send an email here with all necessary changes, including notification if you've cancelled an event.
First time posting to the calendar? See our step-by-step guide to reaching new volunteers.