The Garlic Mustard Challenge in New England
The Garlic Mustard Challenge in New England is a collaborative effort to restore natural ecosystems and prevent the further spread of the invasive plant garlic mustard (Allaria petiolata).
The Challenge is a fun way to encourage people to get out on the land and care for local natural areas in New England!
- When? Late April through early June, or whenever garlic mustard is in flower (but seeds are not yet set)
- Where? Look for garlic mustard in your yard or neighborhood throughout New England.
- Who? Anyone can participate! Volunteer on your own or join a group pull by Finding a garlic mustard pull near you!
- How? Report your # of of bags pulled below!
How to identify garlic mustard
Check out the GM Challenge in Past Years!
Explore volunteer action from past years of the Garlic Mustard Challenge in New England, including interactive maps and photos: explore interactive map
After you pull
- Report the number of bags you pulled (scroll down to the form on this page)
- Make pesto! Garlic Mustard Pesto Recipe and VIDEO