Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz
International Rusty Blackbird Working Group
- February 1–April 30
This is an ongoing Citizen Science Experience. Contact the sponsoring organization to join in.
Blitz for Blackbirds! Take part in this international effort to learn more about the Rusty Blackbird during its northward migration. It's easy- bird as you normally do during the Blitz dates for your state and report your observations to eBird under the "Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz" protocol. For more specific information, check out the Spring Migration Blitz Optional Protocol and learn more about collecting and reporting data.
Not sure you can tell a Rusty from a Grackle? Confused by the similar blackbird calls? Before you head out to survey, make sure you are confident in your ID skills. Check out the Rusty Blackbird Identification tips to learn more about identifying Rusties and where you might expect to find them.
Contact your local coordinator for more information or check out our Facebook page.
- Maine: Louis Bevier at firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Hampshire:Carol Foss at email@example.com
- Massachusetts: Drew Vitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connecticut:James Restivo at email@example.com
- Rhode Island:Rachel Farrel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- New York (upstate):Melanie McCormack at email@example.com
- New York (Staten Island): Mike Shanley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- New York (NYC/LI): Derek Rogers at email@example.com