On Monday, October 23, 2017 from 6-7:30 PM, the Conservation Law Foundation will convene a diverse panel of experts in landscaping approaches that use fewer chemicals. Join us at the Portsmouth (NH) Public Library for a presentation by Chip Osborne, Osborne Organics nationally-known expert on natural turf management. Learn how homeowners and communities have reduced the use of fertilizers and pesticides with excellent results and proven cost-savings.
This event is ideal for people who are:
- Concerned about the safety of chemicals used to kill weeds and insects on yards, parks, fields and sidewalks?
- Looking for a better way to keep your lawn green?
- Wishing there was something you could do to keep our rivers, wetlands and bays healthy for people, fish and wildlife?
Event Details: Monday, October 23, 2017, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the Portsmouth Public Library in Portsmouth, NH. Event is free, but please RSVP.
- 6:00 pm Welcome – Melissa Paly, Great Bay – Piscataqua Waterkeeper
- 6:10 pm The Business Case for Non-Toxic Lawncare - John Bochert, Eldredge Lumber
- 6:20 pm Portsmouth – NH’s first Non-Toxic Community – Jim Splaine, Ass’t Mayor
- 6:30 pm Moving toward Low Impact Landscaping - Chip Osborne, Osborne Organics
- 7:15pm Questions, discussion
Questions? Contact Melissa Paly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-502-0798.